The 2017-19 Integration and Better Care Fund encourages local services to integrate to improve health and care of local populations. Part of the integration includes evaluation to measure the impact and value of new services and arrangements for service users and understanding user experience (citizen, carer and staff).
- conduct research to understand the local population and conduct segmentation
- develop monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- use co-creation methods to develop outcomes with the public in line with the Social Care Institute for Excellence guidance
- develop the logic model to identify outcomes for the evaluation
- use ‘system’s thinking’ approach to look at the whole health and care system for person-centred care